Ben's World

I grew up in Washington with 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I am the oldest boy, and as such have the family birthright, if that even means anything anymore. My family was very close growing, and we still are today. We spent a lot of time playing in the yard, going to sporting events, and skiing at the lake.

I was very active in high school sports and enjoyed playing football, basketball, soccer and baseball. After high school I went to Ricks College (BYU Idaho). I played football my freshman year and then went on an LDS mission to El Salvador. Upon returning I decided that I no longer wanted to play football, but wanted to be an intramural All-Star...just kidding - I really needed just to focus on school. Brit and I met at Ricks and went down to BYU after we got married.

I recieved my degree in Marketing and currently work as a National Sales Manager for a company in Utah. I frequently travel across the U.S. and like getting to meet with different customers and see different places. I enjoy my job and the challenges it brings as well as the ability it gives me to provide for my family.


Britney Speaks - Hmmm . . . where to begin. Ben is fantastic (but don't tell him I said so). I am pretty much a spoiled girl. Aside from being an awesome husband and dad, he also loves to cook, do yard work, plant flowers, he even cleans! I mean does it get any better than that? He always puts us first, even when there are more fun things he could be doing. He took Eli to his first BYU football game this year and loves to have daddy - son time with the boys. Eli and Blake adore him and once Ben comes home from work, it's bye-bye mom and hello daddy! He is a pro at bedtime and both boys beg for daddy to read them their story at night.

Ben is a great athlete - which is one of the things that caught my eye in the first place. I always had a soft spot for football & basketball players! It's still fun to watch him play softball and basketball, but the best is watching him spend hours in the backyard teaching our kids the mechanics of the game.

I must say it is wonderful to be married to a handy man. He can fix just about anything (except cars - but no on is perfect). He surprised me once by building shelves in our bedroom closet - I think I cried. He loves a good project and is always working on something, especially in the winter when he can't be outside fiddling in the yard.

I am so lucky to be married to someone that understands me so well and loves me in spite of it. He takes such good care of me is always willing to help me (or anyone) when I need him. He is my rock and keeps me grounded when my emotions get the best of me. I love him so much!!


No comments: