How it all began . . .


Ben and I met at Ricks College (BYU-Idaho) after he returned from his mission, for the LDS Church, to El Salvador. Before knowing each other very well, we both attended a church party in January. After, we were walking out with our friends and I had one of my brilliant flirtatious ideas. I picked up a snowball and as I went to throw it in Ben’s face he turned to look at me and BAM! I hit him right in the mouth with my fist. I guess you could say I really knocked him out - Ha Ha! From that point on he was known as "bloody lip" Ben. I don’t know why he continued speaking to me, but I am glad he did. We were inseparable for the next year and were then married in December 1999.



We both have always wanted kids and were excited to start a family. Things didn't go quite as planned and after much thought and prayer we knew that our babies were going to come to us through adoption. We often tell people that our children just needed to find an "alternate route" to us. We love being parents and having kids run crazy in our house. We have two boys who are adopted and hope to have more. We are an adoption family!!




No comments: